Heal from Your Slip and Fall Injury with Our
Wichita Falls Chiropractor Team
A slip and fall injury can leave you feeling as if the rug's been pulled out from under you. From seniors falling at home to adults tripping on the job, people of all ages and backgrounds can experience this broad type of trauma. At Champions Clinic of Physical Medicine and Rehab, our Wichita Falls chiropractic staff can help you get back on your feet feeling better than ever. We'll take it one step further by helping you avoid future falls, thereby saving you money, time, energy, and pain.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Injury
Slip and fall injuries often happen outdoors, at work, on the sports field, or in certain areas of the home, such as the stairs, bedroom, and bathroom. Common injuries that may occur include:
- Disc herniation or disc bulge
- Muscle strain
- Ligament sprain
- Whiplash (from the neck forcefully snapping forward and backward)
- Sprained ankle
- Concussion and post-concussion syndrome
- Sciatica or nerve compression
- Acute back pain
Keep in mind that even a "partial" fall (where the person is able to catch himself before hitting the ground) can lead to an injury like a pulled muscle or dislocated joint. That's why we always recommend seeking professional care for a slip and fall injury, especially if it occurred in a public place or at work. Legal issues such as litigation and worker's compensation may need to be considered and having clear and detailed documentation about your injury can be immensely helpful.
What Our Chiropractor in Wichita Falls Can Do for Your Slip and Fall Injury
Our chiropractic team in Wichita Falls offers a variety of non-invasive, drug-free, and holistic healing services to help you or a loved one recover from slip and fall injuries. We offer:
- Chiropractic care and spinal adjustments, which realign and soothe your irritated spine and stimulate your nervous system to release natural pain-relieving chemicals in your body.
- Corrective exercises designed with specific goals of reducing inflammation, alleviating pain, accelerating healing, and improving strength, endurance, coordination, and balance.
- Therapeutic treatments to provide early pain relief (so you can better tolerate your exercises and daily activities), including cryotherapy, diathermy, electrical stimulation, and ultrasound.
We offer additional services, like custom orthotics and nutrition and weight loss counseling. These can also help you heal from a slip and fall injury and avoid recurring falls, since they help you move more confidently and comfortably.
Did You Recently Suffer a Slip and Fall?
Don't let a fall get you down. Avoid chronic injury and potentially dangerous falls in the future by contacting our chiropractor team in Wichita Falls, TX at (940) 264-1960 to schedule an appointment today.